In a UX designer’s portfolio, what’s the key to a impress employers or clients? Case studies. What makes a case study great? It not only has a great final execution but also answers the following questions very well:
- What’s the problem you want to solve?
- Who are the users?
- What’s your role in the project?
- What’s your design process
- What are the design options and how decisions are made?
- What are the constrains and limitations?
- How to validate your design?
- What will be your next step?
Here are the great examples from designers who work at Uber, Airbnb, Google, VMware.
Dan is a product designer at Uber and a RISD undergrad.
Rachel Schmitz is a San Francisco-based Product Designer interested in education technology and social gaming. She previously worked at Google, Rumble Games, AVG Technologies and Presidio Knolls School.
Mengdi a UX Designer at VMware and HCI master graduate from University of Michigan.
Vax Liu is an Experience Designer at Airbnb and former UX designer at ebay.
Simon is currently a Senior Interaction Designer at Google. He is former designer at Medium, Uber and Amazon.